Terms & Conditions
The Special Olympics Australia Soar & Roar Car Ride 2018
Terms & Conditions
- Special Olympics Soar & Roar Festival Pty Ltd (ACN 612 566 560) of Level 12, 680 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000 (SOSRF) will operate the Special Olympics Australia Soar & Roar Ride 2018 (Soar & Roar Ride) on Sunday 9 December 2018
- Each participant, including drivers (except Athletes) (Participant or you) agrees to comply with these terms and conditions. SOSRF may change these terms and conditions from time to time in its discretion. In this case, SOSRF will post the revised terms and conditions on the website. www.soarandroar.com.au
- The number of Participants will be strictly limited by number and will be decided in order of registration received. Each participant must comply with these terms and conditions to be eligible. Registrations will close on 7 October 2018 or at a date as determined by SOSRF.
- To be eligible for the Soar & Roar Ride, each Participant must:
- have a current Australian Driver Licence which allows them to drive the type of vehicle he or she has registered to drive in the Soar & Roar Ride;
- hold compulsory third party insurance as required by law;
- have an alcohol reading of 0 (zero) at all times during the event; and
- otherwise comply with these terms and conditions.
- SOSRF will confirm by email by 22 November 2018 final confirmation of your registration. SOSRF will not accept any registration on the day of the Soar & Roar Ride (Sunday 9 December 2018).
Registration Fees and Fundraising Requirements
- There is no fee to register for the Soar & Roar Car Ride. Each driver in the Soar & Roar Car Ride is encouraged to commit to fundraise a minimum of $500 per vehicle (Fundraising Goal).
Type of Entry
$500 (minimum per vehicle)
- Each Participant will be given a fundraising page to assist with your Fundraising Goal. Any donations made via your fundraising page will be deposited to Special Olympics Australia as a charitable donation and receipted accordingly and will go towards your vehicle's Fundraising Goal. Donations are not refundable in any circumstances.
- Registration in the Soar & Roar Ride is not transferable to any other person.
- To the extent permitted by law, SOSRF can in its sole discretion reject or cancel your entry if you have not complied with these terms and conditions.
- If Soar & Roar Ride is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated, SOSRF's liability is limited to the Registration Fee. Unless required by the Australian Consumer Law, SOSRF will not be liable for any other losses you incur as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of Soar & Roar Ride. Fundraising contributions (donations) are not refundable in any circumstances.
- On the day of the Soar & Roar Ride, you must comply with all directions and instructions given by SOSRF Personnel and other Soar & Roar Ride officials and the police. These may include directions for you to leave the Soar & Roar Ride area, such as for behaviour or safety reasons, or directions for you to undertake a breath test.
- You agree SOSRF or its Personnel has the right to request verification of your age, identity, residential address and any other information relevant to the Soar & Roar Ride.
- Each vehicle in the Soar & Roar Ride must accept one Athlete, as determined by SOSRF, or more than one Athlete if agreed at the time of the Soar & Roar Ride, as a passenger in the Participant's vehicle from the pre-determined departure point to and including the meeting point at South Circuit +and the lap of honour at Sydney Motorsport Park.
- The Participant acknowledges:
- there will be no accompanying guardian (such as a carer or parent) of the Athlete in the vehicle;
- SOSRF will have taken reasonable steps to select suitable Athletes for Soar & Roar Ride; and
- SOSRF takes no responsibility for the conduct of the Athletes during Soar & Roar Ride.
- If you have registered to bring a vehicle to participate in Soar & Roar Ride, you warrant that the vehicle is registered in your name.
- It is strongly recommended that you advise your insurance company that you intend taking your vehicle on a race track as part of the Soar & Roar Ride activities.
- Each participant will receive an information pack before the Soar & Roar Ride containing relevant information for participation such as procedures, road rules, scheduling and route information.
- All participants will be issued with an identification sticker/banner that must be displayed in the pre-determined position on the windscreen of their vehicle at all times for the duration of the Soar & Roar Ride.
- Only registered Participants will be permitted to be on the Soar & Roar Ride route during the Soar & Roar Ride. For safety reasons, spectators and families are not part of the Soar & Roar Ride and must not follow Participants in vehicles or with any other mode of transportation.
- Communications relating to Soar & Roar Ride, including changes to these terms, will principally be via email or posted on the Soar & Roar Ride website. All Participants therefore need to provide a valid email address and regularly check the website. It is your responsibility to read all information that is made available on the Soar & Roar Ride website, in emails, newsletters and all other literature concerning Soar & Roar Ride.
Releases and Indemnities
- You acknowledge that:
- you agree to accept full responsibility to inform yourself and assess all the dangers, hazards and risks of entry in the Soar & Roar Ride;
- you rely entirely on your own assessment of these dangers, hazards and risks before participating in Soar & Roar Ride and accept all risks associated with participation in Soar & Roar Ride, including but not limited to loss of life and/or any injury including, to the extent permitted by law, any permanent injury or damage to property;
- You agree not to make a Claim against any Released Person for any Loss you suffer because of your personal injury or death while taking part in the Soar & Roar Ride. You may make such a Claim if your personal injury or death was caused by the recklessness of the Released Person or to the extent allowed by law.
- You agree not to make a Claim against any Released Person for any Loss you suffer because of damage to property, including to any vehicle, while taking part in the Soar & Roar Ride. This clause does not prevent you from making a Claim under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), including under the Australian Consumer Law.
- You will pay the Released Person the amount of any Loss suffered by that Released Person if you or another person brings a Claim of the kind described in clause 22 or 23 above.
- Clauses 21 to 24 apply to any person participating in the Soar & Roar Ride at your request or with your consent.
- You further agree:
- the releases and indemnities given in clauses 21 to 25 are held by SOSRF on trust for the Released Persons;
- SOSRF may plead those releases and indemnities as an absolute bar to any Claim brought against a Released Person;
- those releases and indemnities continue forever and bind your heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns;
- if requested, to sign a release and indemnity form which confirms your obligations as set out in clauses 21 to 24.
- By participating in Soar & Roar Ride, you consent to receive such medical aid or preventative treatment which may be deemed advisable in the unfettered discretion of Soar & Roar Ride Medical Officials in the event of any injury accident or illness to you during your participation in Soar & Roar Ride.
- You consent to the publication and/or use in any form of media whatsoever of your name, image, voice, statement or otherwise without payment or compensation.
- You acknowledge that if you provide an emergency contact name and phone number during the registration form or otherwise, that SOSRF Personnel may contact that person and exchange your personal information with them in case of an emergency. You warrant that you have notified your emergency contact that you have listed them as such and that SOSRF Personnel may contact them in such circumstances.
- You declare that all the information you supply on the registration form is true and correct.
- You declare that:
- you are 18 years or older, and you have read this document and fully understand it;
- you have a current Australian Driver License which allows you to drive the type of vehicle you will be driving in Soar & Roar Ride;
- your car will be a registered vehicle, registered in your name, and in good working condition at the commencement of Soar & Roar Ride; and
- your alcohol reading will be 0 at the commencement and during the entire Soar & Roar Ride.
- In these terms and conditions:
Athlete means a guest selected by SOSRF to participate in the Soar & Roar Ride.
Claim means any claim, demand, allegation, suit, action, cause of action, proceeding or judgment of any kind however made or caused.
Consequential Loss mean:
- Loss not arising naturally, that is according to the usual course of things, from the relevant event giving rise to that Loss, whether or not that Loss may reasonably have been supposed to have been in the contemplation of the parties at the time they made this Agreement, as the probable result of the relevant event;
- indirect, economic, special or consequential Loss; and
- Loss in the nature of loss of profits, revenue, data, production, use or Loss of production even if the relevant Loss may reasonably have been supposed to have been in the contemplation of the parties at the time they made this Agreement, as the probable result of the relevant event.
Loss means any loss, damage, claim, cost (including legal costs), obligation, expense, liability or payment of any kind however calculated or caused and whether based in contract (including under any warranty or indemnity), tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), breach of statute, misrepresentation or breach of other law or regulatory requirement and whether or not actual or contingent. Loss includes Consequential Loss unless otherwise stated.
Personnel of a person means that person's officers, employees, agents, volunteers and representatives and includes including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the Soar & Roar Ride.
Related Bodies Corporate means, in respect of a body corporate, a body corporate which is (a) a holding company of the first body corporate; or (b) a subsidiary of the first body corporate; or (c) a subsidiary of a holding company of the first body corporate.
Released Persons means SOSRF, Special Olympics Australia, , any other event stakeholder, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the Soar & Roar Ride or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the Soar & Roar Ride or any part of it is conducted, Sydney Motorsport Park, Soar & Roar Ride sponsors, supporters, persons, corporations, contractors, sub-contractors, volunteers, servants and employees involved or otherwise engaged in promoting, staging, administering, conducting or controlling the Soar & Roar Ride, its Related Bodies Corporate and each of their respective Personnel.