At the heart of the 2018 SOAR & ROAR Festival are the Dream Rides, where Special Olympics Australia athletes and other people with an intellectual disability have the chance to experience the thrill of riding in a luxury or classic car.
In 2018, the morning rides will see over 250 Dream Rides featuring luxury and classic car clubs depart from various iconic locations throughout NSW, amalgamating at Sydney Motorsport Park for a Lap of Honour around the race track.
Throughout the afternoon, cars will continue to ROAR around Sydney Motorsport Park, giving people with an intellectual disability the thrill of a lap at Australia's home of high velocity entertainment.
Each car brand participates in fundraising for Special Olympics Australia, with the highest fundraiser leading the Lap of Honour around Sydney Motorsport Park.
What does the day involve?
It's a mix of Dream Rides and Car Shows!
- 6.30am - 3.00pm. Note all drivers need to commit to the whole day as one of the main highlights of the Festival is the SOAR & ROAR Car Show of 200-300 luxury and classic cars
- Begin your day by meeting your first rider at your designated starting venue around Sydney (this will vary per car club). All starting points meet at 6.30am (times may vary depending on location)
- Depart starting venue and begin Dream Ride to Sydney Motorsport Park with Special Olympic Athlete (ride maps will be provided)
- Arrive at Sydney Motorsport Park and form up for Lap of Honour
- Participate in Opening Ceremony on track
- VIP Grid Club opens for all car drivers and partners - lunch is served
- Meet your second rider at Pit Lane for a few laps around Sydney Motorsport Park
- All Dream Cars on display for SOAR & ROAR Car Show in the afternoon while cars are not on track
- All drivers will have the unique opportunity to give a person with an intellectual disability a Dream Ride and present each rider with a 2018 SOAR & ROAR medal - watch their big smiles as you present this medal!
Raise money for Special Olympics Australia
In the lead up to the Festival all drivers are encouraged to fundraise
- The team who raises the highest amount will lead the Car Lap of Honour
- The driver from each team who raises the highest amount will lead their team in the Car Lap of Honour. The driver will be awarded with a trophy during the Car Presentations in the VIP Grid Club
- The person who raises the highest amount overall (between cars, bikes and billy carts) will be awarded a trophy on stage during the Opening Ceremony
- Note: there are no registration fees for Car Drivers
So get your friends and family involved and help us raise much needed funds for Special Olympics Australia. To find out more, please visit www.specialolympics.com.au
Celebrate International Day of People with a Disability and give someone with an intellectual disability a Dream Ride in a luxury or classic car!
Register your car below and help us give more people a Dream Ride.