DREAM CAR RIDES
At the heart of the SOAR & ROAR Festival are the Dream Rides, giving Special Olympics Australia athletes and other people with an intellectual disability the chance to experience the thrill of driving in a luxury car.
In 2018, the morning rides will see 13 teams of cars depart from 13 iconic locations throughout NSW, arriving at Sydney Motorsport Park for a lap of honour. Note: Morning rides are for current registered Special Olympics Australia athletes only.
Throughout the afternoon, the cars will continue to ROAR around Sydney Motorsport Park, giving people with an intellectual disability the thrill of a lap at Australia's home of motorsport.
All participants riding must:
be 14+ years old
have an intellectual disability
be able to ride alone without assistance
be able to ride in a car for up to 60 mins
Make their own way to the starting venue and home at the completion of the day
accept the terms and conditions.
There are 13 luxury car Dream Rides departing from various iconic Sydney venues:
- Archibald Fountain, Hyde Park
- River Road Reserve, Penrith
- Mrs Macquarie’s Chair, Royal Botanic Gardens
- North Steyne Surf Club, Manly
- Broughton St Lookout, Kirribilli
- Lilanfels Park, Blue Mountains
- Clovelly Beach Car Park, Clovelly
- Barangaroo Reserve, Sydney
- Bobbin Head, Kur-ring-gai National Park
- More to come...
Throughout the afternoon, Dream Rides will continue with laps of Sydney Motorsport Park.
How am i selected?
- You may select only one morning or afternoon ride.
- Dream Ride participants will be selected via a ballot. Each morning ride is strictly limited to 30 rides per starting venue.
- The first round of registrations is open until 31 August 2018.
- You will be notified by 15 September 2018 with the results of your entry.
- The Soar & Roar is free entry so all family and friends are invited to Sydney Motorsport Park for the lap of honour and festival activities.